Definition of Maoism in English:
The communist doctrines of Mao Zedong as formerly practised in China, having as a central idea permanent revolution and stressing the importance of the peasantry, small-scale industry, and agricultural collectivization.
- In contrast to Marx and Lenin, Maoism assumed a continuing class struggle even when Communism has been achieved, so that it was necessary for each generation to gain revolutionary experience.
- Eclectically drawing from elements of anarchism and Maoism, their group favoured ‘gut politics’ and were hostile to any far-reaching theoretical considerations.
- It was a mixture of Leninism, black nationalism, Maoism and Castroism, with the teachings of developing-world theorists like Fanon thrown in.
- Example sentences
- In the 1970s he would align himself with the Maoists.
- Our party has a strategic approach to uniting with others who do not share our Maoist politics and ideology.
- The Maoists returned to peace talks, agreeing on a cease-fire with the government, on Jan.29.
Pronunciation: /ˈmaʊɪst/noun& adjective
Words that rhyme with MaoismTaoism
Definition of Maoism in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.