- The Indic language spoken in the western Indian state of Maharashtra by about 68 million people.More example sentences
- Most of the officers I trained there speak only Marathi, a language spoken in Maharashtra.
- But he was unable to speak or write Marathi and fellow students taunted him.
- Kannada too has always borrowed from Sanskrit, Prakrit, Marathi, Parsi, Arabic, and so on at various points.
Marathi, from Marāṭhā Maratha.
More definitions of MarathiDefinition of Marathi in:
- The US English dictionary