- (Of chicken or veal) sautéed in oil, served with a tomato sauce, and traditionally garnished with eggs and crayfish: chicken MarengoMore example sentences
- Food historians have since suggested that chicken or veal Marengo was probably created in a fashionable Parisian restaurant as much as 15 years after the battle, though admittedly in honour of it.
- All the main courses were meaty: blood sausage with roasted apples and potatoes, andouillettes de Troyes, and veal Marengo.
- Such is the legend of the origin of chicken Marengo.
named after Marengo, a village in northern Italy and the site of a battle (1800) in which Napoleon defeated the Austrians, after which the dish is said to have been prepared for him.
More definitions of MarengoDefinition of Marengo in:
- The US English dictionary