noun[mass noun] Medicine
- A hereditary disorder of connective tissue, resulting in abnormally long and thin digits and also frequently in optical and cardiovascular defects.More example sentences
- Orthodontists also play a role in diagnosing systemic conditions that affect facial growth or development of the dentition, such as acromegaly or Marfan's syndrome.
- Causes of dissection include hypertension, Marfan's syndrome, trauma, Ehler's Danlos, coarctation, bicuspid aortic valve and relapsing polychondritis.
- None had had a previous aortic dissection or had a family history or clinical characteristics of Marfan's syndrome, and in no case was the aortic dissection secondary to chest trauma.
1930s: named after Antonin B. J. Marfan (1858–1942), French paediatrician.
More definitions of Marfan's syndromeDefinition of Marfan's syndrome in:
- The US English dictionary