- A member of a semi-nomadic Arab people inhabiting marshland in southern Iraq, near the confluence of the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers.More example sentences
- Now, he's on the committee to choose the interim national assembly - which means he will be in the new parliament when it's seated - and bivouacked in a phat pad on the Tigris, complete with a garden, a Marsh Arab reed house and a mini-militia.
- This time last year, I visited a Marsh Arab family crammed into a tiny straw hut in the stinking heat in the Iraqi desert.
- We found was that there weren't any Marsh Arabs who were still living in their place of origin; they had all been forcibly moved, sometimes once, some groups has many as 18 times.
More definitions of Marsh ArabDefinition of Marsh Arab in:
- The US English dictionary