Definition of Martinist in English:
An adherent of a form of mystical pantheism developed by the French philosopher L. C. de Saint-Martin (1743–1803): the world of illuminists and Martinists [as modifier]: supplies for all Martinist branches
More example sentences
- He created the Martinist cult; he organized things like the Queen's necklace affair, he controlled Necker; he controlled Philippe Egalité; he organized the Bastille event; he organized the Jacobin Terror.
- The Confederacy in the United States was created as a part of Synarchism, before it was called Synarchism: the Martinist cult.
- Napoleon was a creation of the Martinist freemasonic lodge, the Napoleonic Empire.
- Example sentences
- Although never recognized by regular Freemasonry, the history of Martinism is interwoven with that of Freemasonry.
- We may consider that Modern Martinism dates from the creation of the Martinist Order in its present form by Papus, shortly before 1890.
- Martinism was marked by highly respected men, whose teaching is always to be situated in the particular context and time of personal history.
Definition of Martinist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan