- 1 • trademark A flat, round-toed shoe for women and girls, with a single strap across the top.More example sentences
- Lately I've seen some incredibly sexy styles reminiscent of a Mary Jane, but with an ankle strap and wedge heels that might be better for skirts.
- With a feminine, retro look and a just a bit of funk, these pretty Mary Jane pumps can be used to dress up a pair of jeans and are equally at home with one of this season's long, flowing skirts.
- This Mary Jane style with a buckle and thin sole is one of our most popular styles.
- 2 [mass noun] • informal Marijuana.More example sentences
- There, you can have all the women you want, do some Mary Jane, drink beer, have fun, its an awesome place, dude.
- She had written four bestselling novels at the time, but she was once a Mary Jane addict, and bought drugs off the streets.
- Today, I will begin to withhold smoking pot, and replace pot with something else that gives me pleasure. I will miss Mary Jane very much, but I know quitting is the right thing to do.
1920s: from the female forename Mary Jane.
More definitions of Mary JaneDefinition of Mary Jane in:
- The US English dictionary