- A wide-mouthed glass jar with an airtight screw top, used for preserving fruit and vegetables.More example sentences
- Orson Welles stuck a Mason jar inside a toilet bowl and made all of America believe the sound was an alien spacecraft opening during his terrifying ‘War of the Worlds’ broadcast.
- Take along your favorite flea-market finds too: an old chair or two, chunky go-anywhere dishes, and reliable Mason jars.
- We caught butterflies in the patches of wildflowers, encased fireflies in Mason jars, and ran down horned frogs which we'd keep all summer and release before school started.
late 19th century: named after John L. Mason (died 1902), American inventor.
More definitions of Mason jarDefinition of Mason jar in:
- The US English dictionary