noun[mass noun] North American • trademark
- Fibreboard made from wood fibre pulped under steam at high pressure: [as modifier]: quality Masonite boardsMore example sentences
- Working often on Masonite or other board, and occasionally even on cardboard when he lacked funds, he would lay down a warm, dark tone, sometimes simply a coat of shellac, on which to paint.
- Since the shelves would have to support a good amount of weight, I cut Masonite rather than foam board to fit tightly into them.
- Now, each student used their transparency to project onto their prepared Masonite panel.
1920s: from the name of the Mason Fibre Co., Mississippi, US, + -ite1.
More definitions of MasoniteDefinition of Masonite in:
- The US English dictionary