- 1An African secret society originating among the Kikuyu that in the 1950s used violence and terror to try to expel European settlers and end British rule in Kenya. The British eventually subdued the organization, but went on to institute political and social reforms which led to Kenya’s independence in 1963.
- 1.1 (mau-mau) [as verb, with object] US • informal Terrorize or threaten (someone): the group mau-maus the white coats of the medical establishmentMore example sentences
- Is this just a case of the Post being overly sensitive to White House mau-mauing?
- Indeed, the real problem, one might say, was the campaign's susceptibility to mau-mauing and aggressively proffered free-advice from pundits and other Democrats.
- I thought mau-mauing the Times was all the rage these days.
More definitions of Mau MauDefinition of Mau Mau in:
- The US English dictionary