- 11 May, celebrated in many countries as a traditional springtime festival or as an international day honouring workers.More example sentences
- That was the spirit that inspired the establishment of May Day as international workers day.
- On May Day 1917, 70,000 workers marched here in support of the February Revolution in Russia.
- In the painting, Rivera included a scene of a giant May Day demonstration of workers marching with red banners.
- 1.1(In the UK) a public holiday on the first Monday in May.More example sentences
- It's been a Bank Holiday here today - the annual public holiday for May Day.
- Speakers also called on the government to declare May Day a public holiday.
- Better times were back for North Yorkshire's battered tourist industry over the May Day Bank Holiday.
More definitions of May DayDefinition of May Day in:
- The US English dictionary