(also McIntosh red)
- A deep red dessert apple of a Canadian variety.More example sentences
- Empire combines the mild tartness of McIntosh with Red Delicious sweetness.
- The Mcintosh apple is another great apple that can be eaten raw, used in salads, or applesauces.
- McIntosh apples are my favorite kinds of apples, too!
late 19th century: named after John McIntosh (1777–1845 or 1846), the Canadian farmer on whose farm the wild apple was discovered.
More definitions of McIntoshDefinition of McIntosh in:
- The US English dictionary