(also Mechlin lace)
- Lace made at Mechelen (formerly known as Mechlin), characterized by patterns outlined in heavier thread.More example sentences
- The bride looked most bewitchingly lovely, in a simple robe of the finest Mechlin lace, with a superb veil of the same costly material, which hung down to her feet.
- During the reign of Queen Anne, in 1713, Mechlin lace was the favourable lace of the English court.
- Anything that gets in the way of that, even the helpful notes on what Mechlin lace is or what Austen meant by complacency that decorate ‘literary classics,’ is a distraction.
More definitions of MechlinDefinition of Mechlin in:
- The US English dictionary