- 1(In the US) a federal system of health insurance for people over 65 years of age.More example sentences
- How did Medicare, the federal health insurance program for the elderly, respond?
- Kogan observes that the fastest growing federal programs are Medicare and Medicaid.
- This regulation is considered the most staggering health care law since Medicare.
- 1.1(In Canada and Australia) a national health-care scheme financed by taxation.More example sentences
- The lack of prescription coverage under Medicare is a national scandal.
- Last year it was Medicare, Australia's public insurance scheme, which was under fire.
- The only way to hold to those principles is to have a tax-based funding scheme such as Medicare.
More definitions of MedicareDefinition of Medicare in:
- The US English dictionary