Definition of Medicare in English:
1(In the US) a federal system of health insurance for people over 65 years of age.
- How did Medicare, the federal health insurance program for the elderly, respond?
- Kogan observes that the fastest growing federal programs are Medicare and Medicaid.
- This regulation is considered the most staggering health care law since Medicare.
1.1(In Canada and Australia) a national health-care scheme financed by taxation.
- The lack of prescription coverage under Medicare is a national scandal.
- Last year it was Medicare, Australia's public insurance scheme, which was under fire.
- The only way to hold to those principles is to have a tax-based funding scheme such as Medicare.
Definition of Medicare in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan