- A very large extinct deer of the Pleistocene epoch, in particular the Irish elk.More example sentences
- The Irish Elk, Megaloceros, died about 11,000 years ago when glaciers covered much of Europe, its home land.
- The Irish Elk, Megaloceros, is misnamed, for it is neither exclusively Irish nor is it an elk.
- The Irish elk is also known as the giant deer (Megaloceros giganteus).
modern Latin, from Greek megas, megalo- 'great' + keras 'horn'.
More definitions of MegalocerosDefinition of Megaloceros in:
- The US English dictionary