- (In the US) a day on which those who died on active service are remembered, usually the last Monday in May.More example sentences
- Today, he was remembered during a Memorial Day gathering of family and friends in Texas.
- Over Memorial Day weekend we gathered for our first and, I suspect, only reunion.
- From the first Memorial Day in 1868, the day set aside to honour our war dead has become a national holiday.
More definitions of Memorial DayDefinition of Memorial Day in:
- The US English dictionary