- 1Relating to or denoting the era between the Palaeozoic and Cenozoic eras, comprising the Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous periods.More example sentences
- In later Palaeozoic, Mesozoic, and Cenozoic sequences they can be extremely abundant.
- We believe that many Mesozoic and Cenozoic obducted ophiolite belts of SE Asia are fragments of fore-arc or back-arc lithosphere.
- These are accompanied by much smaller sets of petrographic thin sections from Mesozoic and Cenozoic carbonate strata.
The Mesozoic lasted from about 245 to 65 million years ago. Large reptiles were dominant on land and sea and the first mammals, birds, and flowering plants appeared
More definitions of MesozoicDefinition of Mesozoic in:
- The US English dictionary