noun (plural same) & adjective
- another term for Hmong.More example sentences
- For this season, autumn/winter 2003, the theme of the designs is the ‘Miao Hinterland’, inspired by the Miao nationality's traditional costumes.
- These observations suggest that the Miao people may have more contact with the NEA.
- Some Miao even migrated across the Chinese border into Vietnam, Laos, Kampuchea, Thailand, and Burma (Myanmar).
from Chinese Miáo, literally 'tribes'.
More definitions of MiaoDefinition of Miao in:
- The US English dictionary