- The feast of St Michael, 29 September.More example sentences
- In Michaelmas and Hilary terms of last year, the national and international press covered the Union Presidential election.
- At Michaelmas he must pay ten pence tax, and at Martinmas twenty-three sesters of barley and two hens; at Easter one young sheep or twopence.
- St Michael next means the next feast of St Michael or Michaelmas, which is the 29th September.
Old English Sanct Michaeles mæsse 'Saint Michael's Mass', referring to the Archangel.
More definitions of MichaelmasDefinition of Michaelmas in:
- The US English dictionary