Definition of Micronesian in English:
Relating to Micronesia, its people, or their languages.
- In this very large family there are more than a thousand languages - including Polynesian, Melanesian, and Micronesian languages and others as far north as Formosa, but not the Papuan languages of New Guinea.
- Yes, Sydney train stations were crawling with cops after information on four Micronesian men with - wait for it - bags!
- Who could forget Jim Bolger and Cook Islands Premier Geoffrey Henry singing ‘Danny Boy’ under a Micronesian moon, or Bob Hawke savaging the media while wife Hazel sat calmly knitting among the reporters?
nounBack to top
1A native of Micronesia.
- The island populations of the Pacific Ocean have historically been divided, on the basis of geography and culture, into Polynesians, Micronesians, and Melanesians.
- Not because I love Americans, but simply because I don't hate Americans, like I don't hate the French, Canadians, Brits, Saudis, Jordanians, Micronesians, etc.
- A true test of presidency would be to champion the right to self-determination of Puerto Ricans, Filipinos, Micronesians, Samoans, and others directly affected by American imperial policies.
Definition of Micronesian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan