- Relating to Micronesia, its people, or their languages.More example sentences
- In this very large family there are more than a thousand languages - including Polynesian, Melanesian, and Micronesian languages and others as far north as Formosa, but not the Papuan languages of New Guinea.
- Yes, Sydney train stations were crawling with cops after information on four Micronesian men with - wait for it - bags!
- Who could forget Jim Bolger and Cook Islands Premier Geoffrey Henry singing ‘Danny Boy’ under a Micronesian moon, or Bob Hawke savaging the media while wife Hazel sat calmly knitting among the reporters?
nounBack to top
- 1A native of Micronesia.More example sentences
- The island populations of the Pacific Ocean have historically been divided, on the basis of geography and culture, into Polynesians, Micronesians, and Melanesians.
- Not because I love Americans, but simply because I don't hate Americans, like I don't hate the French, Canadians, Brits, Saudis, Jordanians, Micronesians, etc.
- A true test of presidency would be to champion the right to self-determination of Puerto Ricans, Filipinos, Micronesians, Samoans, and others directly affected by American imperial policies.
More definitions of MicronesianDefinition of Micronesian in:
- The US English dictionary