- The Persian language from circa 300 bc to ad 800. See also Pahlavi2.More example sentences
- Islam came to Iran long after the lurch from Old Persian to Middle Persian, and heavy lexical borrowing does not entail structural reduction and usually occurs without it (witness Australia).
- Two books written in Middle Persian from the Sassanide dynasty are left in which Parthian words are seen.
- Its grammar is simpler than that of Middle Persian, and it has absorbed a vast Arabic vocabulary.
More definitions of Middle PersianDefinition of Middle Persian in:
- The US English dictionary