- 1.1 [mass noun, usually as modifier] Chinese porcelain made during the Ming dynasty, characterized by elaborate designs and vivid colours: a priceless Ming vaseMore example sentences
- Detectives raided the home of a suspected burglar - and found a haul of Chinese Ming vases on the kitchen table.
- The reddishness of the unglazed portion of the dish is characteristic of early Ming porcelain.
- Was it the landlord's fault for leaving Ming china in the hallway?
Chinese, literally 'clear or bright'.
More definitions of MingDefinition of Ming in:
- The US English dictionary