- A member of a Semitic people living in Moab in biblical times, traditionally descended from Lot.More example sentences
- That stone contains an inscription showing that the Moabites also killed everything living of their enemies.
- King Solomon, however, loved many foreign women besides pharaoh's daughter, Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Sidonians and Hittites.
- Thus Deuteronomy 23: 3-8 draws some rather sharp distinctions between Moabites and Ammonites as opposed to Edomites and Egyptians.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to Moab or its people.More example sentences
- You tried to correlate early Moabite languages to Wanderer dialects.
- But why did they have to kill all the animals in the Moabite towns too?
- Balaam, for instance, a pagan summoned to curse Israel by the Moabite king, is regarded as a prophet.
More definitions of MoabiteDefinition of Moabite in:
- The US English dictionary