Definition of Moldavian in English:
1A native or inhabitant of Moldavia.
- We are being given no more choice about fighting violent expansionists than were the Franks and Spaniards of the 8th century or the Hungarians and Moldavians of the 16th.
- Its cuisine betrays historical connections with Byzantine cookery, Greece, and Turkey (which effectively ruled the Moldavians for 300 years), besides the two immediate neighbours.
- While 98% of the population are Eastern Orthodox believers, some Moldavians are Protestant and Jewish.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Moldavia, its inhabitants, or their language.
- The Council had expressed its concern about the media situation in Moldova, requesting Moldavian authorities to ensure that press rights were respected.
- Two Moldavian policemen were killed when they tried to stop delivery of a consignment to ethnic Gagauz militants, according to local press accounts.
- In the introduction, Cooper reveals that at the beginning of the war Paddy was living with ‘the first great love of his life’ on a rambling Moldavian estate.
Definition of Moldavian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan