Definition of Monégasque in English:
A native or inhabitant of Monaco.
- Native Monégasques come mainly from an area of central Europe once called Rhaetia and now part of Switzerland and Austria.
- As almost everybody in an overburdened world knows by now, the Monégasques do not pay taxes.
- Many Monégasques prayed anyway in the little Sainte-Devoté church, dedicated to Monaco's patron saint, or the cathedral beside the palace.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Monaco or its inhabitants.
- All Monégasque children under the age of twelve are invited to an annual palace Christmas party that includes refreshments, entertainment, and a gift for every child.
- The husband of a Monégasque national has no right to acquire Monégasque nationality.
- The customs are leased to France but not the post, and French stamps are not valid in the Principality nor are the Monégasques ones in France.
Words that rhyme with MonégasqueBasque
Definition of Monégasque in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.