Definition of Monégasque in English:
A native or inhabitant of Monaco.
- Native Monégasques come mainly from an area of central Europe once called Rhaetia and now part of Switzerland and Austria.
- As almost everybody in an overburdened world knows by now, the Monégasques do not pay taxes.
- Many Monégasques prayed anyway in the little Sainte-Devoté church, dedicated to Monaco's patron saint, or the cathedral beside the palace.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to Monaco or its inhabitants.
- All Monégasque children under the age of twelve are invited to an annual palace Christmas party that includes refreshments, entertainment, and a gift for every child.
- The husband of a Monégasque national has no right to acquire Monégasque nationality.
- The customs are leased to France but not the post, and French stamps are not valid in the Principality nor are the Monégasques ones in France.
Definition of Monégasque in:
- US English dictionary