nounNorth American informal
A person who passes judgement on and criticizes something after the event.
More example sentences
- Critics and Monday morning quarterbacks are a dime a dozen, but it remains to be seen.
- I'm getting a little sick and tired of the Monday morning quarterbacks out there determining that she did something wrong.
- Put aside the fact that this commission is supposed to be finding out what actually happened, not drawing up plays like Monday morning quarterbacks.
Monday morning quarterbacking noun
- More example sentences
- In such situations, an officer's action should not be subjected to 20/20 hindsight or Monday morning quarterbacking.
- There is plenty of room for Monday morning quarterbacking after each election cycle about which candidates might have made it to Congress if they had been given a little more backing.
- This analysis clearly shows that the argument that the Fed could have easily deflated the bubble in 1997-98 is a horrible case of Monday morning quarterbacking.
Definition of Monday morning quarterback in:
- The US English dictionary