(also Monel metal)
noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A nickel-copper alloy with high tensile strength and resistance to corrosion.More example sentences
- Clad steels can have as the cladding material of nickel base alloys such as Monel and Inconel, copper-nickel, and copper.
- Nickel 200, Monel 400 and similar alloys will remain bright and free from discoloration when heated and cooled in a reducing atmosphere.
- The same situation applies also to the welding of Inconel or Monel to stainless steels.
early 20th century: named after Ambrose Monell (died 1921), American businessman.
More definitions of MonelDefinition of Monel in:
- The US English dictionary