- 1Relating to the broad division of humankind including the indigenous peoples of East Asia, SE Asia, and the Arctic region of North America.More example sentences
- Culturally and linguistically distinct from Native Americans of the lower 48 states, as well as from the Athabaskan people of Alaska, the Inuit are closely related to the Mongoloid peoples of eastern Asia.
- Some Turks have long-headed Mediterranean looks while others possess Mongoloid features with high cheekbones.
- Peoples of Mongoloid descent include the groups who traditionally have served as Gurkha soldiers.
nounBack to top
- 1A person of a Mongoloid physical type.More example sentences
- Unlike the Caucasians, Negroids or the pure Mongoloids, we guys in rest of Asia are a mixed race, with a blistering array of complexions.
- The population of India comprises of six main ethnic groups namely, the Negrito, Proto-austroloids, Mongoloids, Mediterranean or Dravidian, Western brachycephals and the Nordic Aryans.
- Ladaakhis are Mongoloids who inhabit the Ladaakh region - the trans-Himalayan region.
The terms Mongoloid, Negroid, Caucasoid, and Australoid were introduced by 19th-century anthropologists such as Blumenbach attempting to classify human racial types, but today they are recognized as having very limited validity as scientific categories. Although occasionally used when making broad generalizations about the world’s populations, in most modern contexts they are potentially offensive, especially when used of individuals. The names of specific peoples or nationalities should be used instead wherever possible.
More definitions of MongoloidDefinition of Mongoloid in:
- The US English dictionary