(also Mordva /ˈmɔːdva/)
noun (plural same, Mordvins, or Mordva)
- 1A member of a non-Russian people inhabiting Mordvinia.More example sentences
- The traditional homeland of the Mordvins are the Moksha and Sura river valleys and their tributaries.
- Today the Mordvins are scattered from western Siberia to the plains and forests that border the upper Volga.
- The number of Mordvins and their knowledge of their mother tongue began to decrease in 1939.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the Mordvin or their language.More example sentences
- The isolation of the Mordvins and their lack of access to Russian education ensured the survival of the Mordvin language, at least before 1917.
- As you can see, especially the Mordva language has dissolved into very small areas.
- The ancestors of Mordva people first appeared here in the mid of the first millennium of the new era.