- A member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.More example sentences
- As rich in tradition as any police force, the Mounties allow Sikhs to replace even their signature brown-felt Stetsons with department-issued turbans of uniform fabric, color and size.
- Protesting citizens will be in the streets, challenging 6,000 police and Mounties, with an opposite message: Democracy is threatened by the corporate vision of globalization.
- For the ordinary Mounties involved in policing the drug trade, like any Mounted Policeman at the time, there were long hours, for a low rate of pay, and often under poor conditions.
More definitions of MountieDefinition of Mountie in:
- The US English dictionary