Definition of Muhammadan in English:
Archaic term for Muslim (not favoured by Muslims).
- But I have a problem with some of your panelists, because I don't think Christ was a Christian, I don't think Buddha was a Buddhist, and I don't think that Mohammed was a Mohammedan.
- Do you know that more than 30,000 temples were converted into mosques during Mohammedan rule?
- As long back as the 13th century she preached non-violence, simple living and high thinking and became thus Lalla Arifa for Muhammadans and Lalleshwari for Hindus.
- Example sentences
- Earlier this century Muslims were often referred to as Muhammadans, the religion of Islam as Muhammadanism.
- After all: Christianity, Mohammedanism, Buddhism; they all teach mercy, they all teach, ‘Forgive your enemies.’
- The sanctuary was intended to be a ‘merger of notions from a variety of creeds including Mohammedanism and Buddhism’, he continued.
Definition of Muhammadan in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan