noun[mass noun] • trademark
- A form of polyester resin used to make heat-resistant plastic films and sheets. It is made by copolymerizing ethylene glycol and terephthalic acid.More example sentences
- If they are sleeved in plastic, be sure it is not PVC plastic (look for Mylar or polypropylene).
- A balloon constructed of a tough polyester film called Mylar will deliver her to the edge of space.
- It has an optical quality far better than other materials, such as Mylar or polypropylene, that are typically used in laboratories.
1950s: an arbitrary formation.
More definitions of MylarDefinition of Mylar in:
- The US English dictionary