- 1Relating to or denoting a late Mesolithic culture of the Middle East, dated to about 12,500–10,000 years ago. It provides evidence for the first settled villages, and is characterized by the use of microliths and of bone for implements.More example sentences
- Well I think a recent paper about the Hayonim burials with dogs which are about eleven and a half 12,000 years old suggests that you get the earliest dogs in that part of the world with the Natufian culture.
- Seventy-two of the skeletons fall into the Natufian period, which predates settled agriculture.
- Extensive remains have been found of the Natufian hunter-gatherers, who lived between about 12,800 and 10,500 years ago in what are now Israel, the West Bank, Jordan, Lebanon, and Syria.
1930s: from Wadi an-Natuf, the type site (a cave north-west of Jerusalem), + -ian.
More definitions of NatufianDefinition of Natufian in:
- The US English dictionary