- An island country in the SW Pacific, near the equator; population 14,000 (est. 2009); official languages, Nauruan (an Austronesian language) and English; no official capital. Since 1968 it has been an independent republic with a limited form of membership of the Commonwealth. It has the world’s richest deposits of phosphates.
- More example sentences
- Nauru's phosphate wealth made Nauruans the wealthiest people in the Pacific for a while.
- Long ago, the Nauruans could have fixed up their environment and made the island the holiday resort of all holiday resorts.
- He's remained in Australia but he has been dealing with the Nauruans.
More definitions of NauruDefinition of Nauru in:
- The US English dictionary