noun• dated or • offensive
- A woman or girl of black African origin. See Negro (usage).More example sentences
- She too looks like what we expect - like a rather severe-looking Negress, somewhere between 20 and 65, with magnificently high cheekbones, perfect skin, Badu headwrap, flaring nostrils and lips curled into a full, sensuous frown.
- She had her hair longer and straighter than any Negress I'd come across, but it was still untamed and frizzy cross her forehead so it gave her a blurry halo when she looked straight at you.
- Not wanting to deny any inherent characteristic, I now acknowledge the fact that I am in fact an indigent racist Negress.
late 18th century: from French négresse, feminine of nègre 'negro'.
More definitions of NegressDefinition of Negress in:
- The US English dictionary