Definition of Nematomorpha in English:
A small phylum that comprises the horsehair worms.
- They concluded that Gastrotricha is the sister-taxon of a monophyletic clade comprising Nematoda, Nematomorpha, Priapulida, Kinorhyncha and Loricifera.
- The recently published Ecdysozoa hypothesis suggests a closer relationship of the Scalidophora, Nematode, Nematomorpha, Tardigrada, Onychophora, and Arthropoda.
- These are the horsehair worms or Nematomorpha and the Gastrotricha.
- Example sentences
- Other organisms placed in the Ecdysozoa include kinorhynchs, priapulids, nematomorphs, onychophorans and tardigrades.
- The Ecdysozoa, all of which molt and lack motile locomotory cilia, include priapulids, kinorhynchs, nematodes, nematomorphs, tardigrades, onychophorans, and arthropods.
- On the other hand, one species of parasitic nematode can reach 13 meters in length - it parasitizes the sperm whale - and adult nematomorphs, chaetognaths, and some priapulids are also visible to the naked eye.
Definition of Nematomorpha in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.