- 1.1 (as noun a New Jerusalem) An ideal place or situation.More example sentences
- Pogofenokee is surely not a New Jerusalem, where everyone wants to do what they should do; on the other hand, Auden's descriptive axioms of Eden (where you ought to do whatever you want) mostly apply.
- There are Christians and communists, who carve communes into the soil, hunt, trap, and sell crafts and furs, like the Puritans before them who settled the lower forty-eight in search of a New Jerusalem.
- In 1642, Montreal began as a would-be spiritual Utopia, founded by a group of religious visionaries in Paris who wanted to build a New Jerusalem in the wilderness.
More definitions of New JerusalemDefinition of New Jerusalem in:
- The US English dictionary