- A speckled brown terrestrial flatworm up to 15 cm in length, accidentally introduced from New Zealand to Britain where it is destroying earthworm populations.
More example sentences
- Artioposthia triangulata, order Tricladida, class Turbellaria
- The New Zealand flatworm, introduced into Edinburgh in potted plants in 1960, is now eating native earthworms throughout central Scotland and endangering the fertility of the soil.
- Studies on captive New Zealand flatworms have shown that they can consume several earthworms in a week.
- The New Zealand flatworm is found mainly in the north of England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland.