noun (plural Newfies)Canadian • informal
- A person from Newfoundland: Ontarians, along with Newfies and folks from the Northwest TerritoriesMore example sentences
- Jokes about Newfies gave way to jokes by Newfies, revealing a sense of humour so sharp that This Hour Has 22 Minutes is recognized as the official opposition.
- Those Newfies really know sophistication, don't they?
- The Newfies say they want to control their own fish.
More definitions of NewfieDefinition of Newfie in:
- The US English dictionary