- 1Relating to or arising from the work of Sir Isaac Newton.More example sentences
- So the 20th century brought two major refinements of the old Newtonian picture: quantum mechanics and relativity.
- The remarkable insight of Einstein was to discard the Newtonian notion of absolute time and view simultaneity in purely operational terms.
- They lectured on the tenets of the Newtonian system and valiantly defended contentious issues of Newtonian natural philosophy against attacks from critics.
- 1.1Formulated or behaving according to the principles of classical physics.More example sentences
- In the modern Tychonian system, Keplerian and Newtonian principles are maintained, as in the heliocentric theory.
- According to Newtonian gravity, light is not affected by gravity, as light is massless.
- Field's formulation of Newtonian gravitational theory postulates, and has variables ranging over, space-time points and space-time regions.
More definitions of NewtonianDefinition of Newtonian in:
- The US English dictionary