- (In Muslim tradition) the journey through the heavens made by Muhammad, guided by the archangel Gabriel. They flew first to Jerusalem, where Muhammad prayed with earlier prophets including Abraham, Moses, and Jesus, before entering the presence of Allah in heaven.More example sentences
- The new shrine is close to the spot from where Muhammad is supposed to have ascended to heaven on his Night Journey, when, according to Islamic tradition, he was received by Abraham and Moses, and taught the duties of prayer.
- Inside the Dome of the Rock is the rock from which Muhammad ascended to heaven on his Night Journey.
- The Night Journey made Jerusalem the third holiest city in Islam and affirmed the continuity of Islam with Judaism and Christianity.
More definitions of Night JourneyDefinition of Night Journey in:
- The US English dictionary