- A large heavily built African lizard that has greyish-olive skin with yellow markings and is semiaquatic.
More example sentences
- Varanus niloticus, family Varanidae
- One of the biggest monitor lizards is Varanus niloticus, the Nile monitor, which may measure 2 m in length.
- He said there has been only one comprehensive study of Nile monitors done in their native Africa.
- The natural history of the Nile monitor has been summarized by a variety of authors.
More definitions of Nile monitorDefinition of Nile monitor in:
- The US English dictionary