- A large predatory fish found in lakes and rivers in NE and central Africa, widely caught for food or sport.
More example sentences
- Lates niloticus, family Centropomidae
- Stewart documents over 20 species of fish, including lungfish, electric fish, large minnows, catfish, Nile perch, and rare cichlids.
- When Nile perch began to impact local cichlid fisheries, locals started to consume Nile perch, but this fish required firewood for drying and preservation because it is much larger.
- The most common place to find the Nile perch is in Lake Victoria where the species was introduced in 1962.
More definitions of Nile perchDefinition of Nile perch in:
- The US English dictionary