- (In the Jewish calendar) the seventh month of the civil and first of the religious year, usually coinciding with parts of March and April.More example sentences
- An extra month is intercalated every three years, just before the month of Nisan.
- Why, you may ask, is it important to link Nisan and Adar - what is the connection?
- The reality of the Holocaust is commemorated on Holocaust Day, which is observed in Israel on Nisan 27 and elsewhere on April 19 or 20.
from Hebrew nīsān.
More definitions of NisanDefinition of Nisan in:
- The US English dictionary