- Any of six international prizes awarded annually for outstanding work in physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, literature, economics, and the promotion of peace. The Nobel Prizes, first awarded in 1901, are decided by members of Swedish learned societies or, in the case of the peace prize, the Norwegian Parliament.More example sentences
- Then in November, V. S. Naipaul was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature.
- In 2001 he was awarded a Nobel Prize for his work on the economics of information.
- It has been turned into a more humanist approach founded, among others, on the works of the winner of a Nobel Prize for economics, Amartya Sen.
More definitions of Nobel PrizeDefinition of Nobel Prize in:
- The US English dictionary