- 1Christmas, especially as a refrain in carols and on Christmas cards.More example sentences
- So this Noel, a trip to the City's business district may well pay off.
- Since I have a little space left, Id like to wish each of you a Merry Christmas, Joyous Noel, Happy Hanukkah, and especially a Happy New Year.
- Catherine and I, with all our family, wish you a ‘Joyous Noel’ and a peaceful and happy New Year.
early 19th century: French Noël, based on Latin natalis (see natal1).
More definitions of NoelDefinition of Noel in:
- The US English dictionary