- A type of Scandinavian crime fiction and television drama that typically features dark storylines and bleak urban settings: the appetite for Nordic noir shows no sign of decreasingMore example sentences
- Aberystwyth may have the country's lowest crime rate, but it is the perfect setting for ' Hinterland ', a rival to Nordic noir thrillers like The Killing.
- This Swedish husband-and-wife team are the godparents of the literary genre often called Nordic Noir.
- With its eerie location and Scandinavian connections, Shetland will obviously draw comparisons to the Nordic Noir dramas such as The Killing and The Bridge.
More definitions of Nordic noirDefinition of Nordic noir in:
- The US English dictionary