(also Norfolk pine)
An evergreen tree related to the monkey puzzle, having horizontal branches with upswept shoots bearing small scale-like leaves. Native to Norfolk Island, it is often grown in Mediterranean countries.
- Araucaria heterophylla, family Araucariaceae
More example sentences
- If you don't have space to plant your tree in the garden after the holidays, consider the subtropical Norfolk Island pine, which can be grown as a houseplant.
- We love Norfolk pines and notice they are fairly plentiful in the area.
- For the past three Christmases I have purchased a small Norfolk pine for decoration.
Definition of Norfolk Island pine in:
- The US English dictionary