(also Norfolk pine)
- An evergreen tree related to the monkey puzzle, having horizontal branches with upswept shoots bearing small scale-like leaves. Native to Norfolk Island, it is often grown in Mediterranean countries.
More example sentences
- Araucaria heterophylla, family Araucariaceae
- If you don't have space to plant your tree in the garden after the holidays, consider the subtropical Norfolk Island pine, which can be grown as a houseplant.
- We love Norfolk pines and notice they are fairly plentiful in the area.
- For the past three Christmases I have purchased a small Norfolk pine for decoration.
More definitions of Norfolk Island pineDefinition of Norfolk Island pine in:
- The US English dictionary