- A Eurasian maple with yellow flowers that appear before the lobed leaves, widely planted as an ornamental.
More example sentences
- Acer platanoides, family Aceraceae
- Like buckthorn, the Norway maple's dense canopy withholds light from shorter plants.
- Dense shade can also occur under trees with dense foliage such as Norway maples and some conifers.
- They're adding diverse new water plants and replacing the exotic Norway maples and other trees the founders imported with thousands of native plants, such as red, white, and pin oaks.
More definitions of Norway mapleDefinition of Norway maple in:
- The US English dictionary