- A long-coned European spruce which is widely grown for timber and pulp. In Britain it is often used as a Christmas tree.
More example sentences
- Picea abies, family Pinaceae
- The nursery grows mainly white spruce, black spruce, Norway spruce, jack pine, red pine, eastern white pine, Scots pine and smaller amounts of various other species.
- For example, in the province of Norrbotten there were twenty times as many old Scots pines and Norway spruces as there are today.
- Several species of trees were used for this purpose, most commonly Scots pines and Norway spruces.
More definitions of Norway spruceDefinition of Norway spruce in:
- The US English dictionary